About Me

My photo
The older I get, the more cynical I get. It is not a fact I am proud of, but it is a fact. I disbelieve just about everything the establishment and the media tell us. I am convinced that we are manipulated into being the submissive, law-abiding robots that we have become. It grieves me greatly.

Sunday 2 August 2015

Thames Path - Richmond to Hammersmith Bridge


Selection of photos from a  walk along the Thames Path yesterday.  A very leisurely stroll taking in a few pubs.  The most exercise we managed was dodging all the cyclists, out taking part in annual the 'Ride London' event (link here).  

Information on walks along the Thames Path can be found on Transport for London's website (link here)



All Saints Church, Isleworth (I think)




A glimpse of Kew through the trees
North of the river

walking along the thames path walking walking walking walk walk walk walk
Syon House, London home of the Duke of Northumberland



Messing about on the river




Chiswick Bridge
Chiswick



A willow, far more attractive than the building it hides
Quintin Rowing Club

The Thames
The Ship, Mortlake - definitely worthy of a stop-off
Hammersmith Bridge
Swanee River





Salt Beef

We were fascinated by the cow on the roof - and I labelled it 'salted beef', thinking I was being incredibly witty.  I have just googled it - and is a sculpture, called 'Salt Beef'.   It was part of the 2002 Cow Parade (info here).  We didn't notice an astronaut on the neighbour's roof terrace though.  

So that is where all the pubs are (Stamford Brook)



The Bridge pub, Barnes - a lovely pub which we nearly missed out on because it looked 'a bit dodgy' from the outside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment