About Me

My photo
The older I get, the more cynical I get. It is not a fact I am proud of, but it is a fact. I disbelieve just about everything the establishment and the media tell us. I am convinced that we are manipulated into being the submissive, law-abiding robots that we have become. It grieves me greatly.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

The First Post

The name of this blog was shamelessly stolen from a friend of mine, who used the phrase to great effect - so firstly I would like to thank Aurelia's mummy for the line "there's nothing common about sense".

Why am I blogging?  Because so many things irritate me, I feel the need to share my irritation.  The government of the day (regardless of brand) irritate me greatly.  I acknowledge my own part in this particular bugbear.  I vote, therefore I am partly responsible for putting them there, however I didn't necessarily vote for this brand, or their chief rivals, but neither do I take to the streets and proclaim against their constant undermining of our standard of living.  This is something I am beginning to feel that we should do, Wolfy Smith's revolution cannot be too far away.  My neighbour is of the opinion that the British are too compliant, and therefore we get walked over by government, and that the government only take notice of us when we riot, I think she may have a point. 

Large corporations infuriate me.  Their professed corporate responsibility often clashes with their appalling customer service, their 'you've paid therefore we've got you over a barrell' attitude.  This I find hypocritcal, because corporate responsibility should include a duty of care towards the public (clients, customers, whatever the latest buzzword is).  Their very size is annoying.  I don't want coca-bloody-cola to sponsor the London Olympics if it has been won and built with my tax money.  I don't want them to sponsor it because they are not British.  I also don't want them to sponsor it because they have littered the world with their cans, plastic bottles and logo, even Christmas has been hijacked by them. 

Politicians and local councillors send me into a fury, with their smugness, their avarice and their complete and utter incompetence.  Obviously this isn't true of all of them, however I suspect that it is true for a goodly number.

I am aware that I am being slightly hypocritical myself, I am blogging on a Google blog site.  However in time I may move to an environmentally friendly, organic blogging site. 

So there you have it, the reason why I blog.  I doubt I will be blogging everyday, just when the mood and the rage take me.  Today's number one irritation has been personal gain posing as charities and quangos.  I need to do some more research into both before I commit keyboard to screen, therefore I will save that rant for another day.

Happy Wednesday to all

No comments:

Post a Comment